Monday, July 27, 2009

“IN WORRY-SOME TIMES, WORRY-LESS”

(and you may be personally responsible for saving the world)


Call me PolyAnna or naive. Tell me to wake up and smell the coffee because “Everything is really bad” and it “Hasn’t hit rock bottom yet.” You won’t be the first and I can understand your skepticism. But at the end of the day, in the middle of the barrage of words like “crisis” pummeling my senses, I still feel great. And I feel great about feeling great.

I am not being smug or trite, nor am I even close to the enlightenment Buddha and the Dali Lama enjoy. I own a small business and have lots to pay for and to use. I am, however, one woman feeling her way through this life trying really, really hard to be a better person, to accomplish my full potential, to live consciously, and to master my own energy. In essence, I am sure I am a lot like you- I just want to be “happy”.

However, I am choosing not to suffer through what so many millions around me are telling me should be making me feel afraid, mad, frustrated, worried, defeated, shocked…you know the drill. And I do think that we mistake worry for an action step, almost as if we worry about situations that make us feel helpless we are actually doing something about it. After all, don’t you sort of feel like if you are worrying about something then at least you won’t get totally caught off guard when something goes wrong? Yet, I am choosing to feel sane, curious, pleased, peaceful, powerful, joyful, and totally abundant. And I am encouraging my clients and group members to do the same.

The key word here is choice. You do not have to jump on the fear bandwagon. And it takes such simple actions to get off and hitch a different ride. Consider these ideas below. This is how I sleep well at night and feel energized all day. And I suspect that if each one of us does them, we ourselves will lead the world out of “crisis” and into an even better future.

GO ON A MEDIA FAST. Just like how you are what you eat when it comes to food, the same is true with information. Have you noticed yet that the more you “inform” yourself, the worse you feel in your body, thoughts, emotions, family, and work? Energy is energy and you are absorbing very negative energy through most media outlets. You wouldn’t allow your child to watch violent or depressing shows all day and expect her to be jovial and well adjusted would you? Cut off the toxic flow and make a deal with yourself to watch or read a limited amount of news per day, if any at all. Also, get curious about why the news always focuses on what is wrong in the world- it is a strange phenomena that we pay them to tell us about things that make us feel bad. Consider investing in positive magazines and radio stations.

GET YOURSELF CORRECT. Cutting off the media fumes doesn’t mean you have to become negligent of the world or go on an ignorant free for all. Focus on what you can control by getting your own life centered and correct. Patch up your vulnerabilities by living within your means and focusing on reducing personal debt. Take this time when economic markets are “correcting themselves” to clean up your own imbalances- in how you eat, improving the quality of your relationships, in your own emotional state. As Gandhi said “Be the change you wish to see in the world”, as in “what is happening in the world around us is a reflection of our own personal energy”. If we each get correct within ourselves, the “world” itself will be corrected because we are the world.

BEHAVE ABUNDANTLY AND GIVE. The energetic universe loves giving and rewards the generous by helping them to feel good and often giving them even more material abundance. Give to the most needy in times of distress, hold doors open, smile often, make little pit stops to pet pounds and shelters with food donations, send a phone card to a stranger in the military. Then don’t be surprised when your own life- and wallet- seems to get fuller.

INDULGE IN DAILY AFFIRMATIONS. You may be of the mindset that this is crazy talk that doesn’t work. Yet, since we get back in our own lives what we put out in emotions and thoughts, you might want to check what thoughts and feelings you have been repeating lately. The trick here is to calm your fear with statements that relax you and are positive: “It’s okay, I’m okay. I will get through this. I am going to be just fine.” Yet, for those who really want to attract abundance, stretch your repeating mantras further: “I am at ease. I make lots of money. I have many opportunities to be financially healthy. I love feeling being financially wealthy.” Meditate and breathe often.

GET SOME PERSPECTIVE. I’ll be you have survived more than even your worst nightmare about the stock market. Step back and notice all that you have accomplished in your life and the amazing resourcefulness you have had when life kicked you in the teeth. Also, make a list of all that you do have and are grateful for. Even in “crisis” times, we are often the luckiest ones on the planet. Shifting focus to your blessings changes more than your mood, it changes what you attract.

No comments:

Post a Comment